Home >> Antioxidant Series >> Stearamide
(dispersing agent and mold-release agent
H formula: CH3 (NH2) 16C0NH2 Molecular Weight: 283.5
Chemical name: 18 carbon saturated fatty acid amide
CAS No. :124-26-5 Alias: 18 amide
Appearance: white odorless crystalline at normal temperature.
It is non hygroscopic, insoluble in water, but soluble organic solvents such as hot ethanol, ether, chloroform, etc. And it is soluble in paraffin wax at any ratio.
Boiling point: 250 ℃,
flash point: 260 ℃,
Relative density: 0.96
It is of good compatibility, and it won’t affect the transparency of plastic products. It is functional eco-friendly additive with ideal slipping, lubricity, ringent, anti-adhesion, dispersity, mold- releasing, and water-proof. It could be used as packaging materials in food, pharmacy, cosmetics
Application in plastic industry
1. It performs as ringent, anti- adhesive, lubricity, anti- statistic, and brightener in films and sheets of PE, PP, BOPP, PVC, EAV, which require some slipping property, and non-effective to lamination &printing.
2. It works as internal& external lubricant, dispersing agent and smoothness agent in PVC rain boot tubes, rolling films.
3. It serves as dispersing agent, lubricant, brightner, and mold-release agent in the sheathing materials of wires& cables.
4. It is a lubricant, mold-release agent and brightener in the plastic processing such as PU shoe materials, PS, PVDC, UFR, etc.
5. It works as lubricant in PO coated paper, slipping agent in PP non-woven fabrics, and control agent in plastic foaming.
6. It is used as leather brightener.
7. It is a dispersing lubricant of kranton-sebs plastics.
Application in coatings, printing ink and painting industries
1. It is of many functions such as lubricity, dispersity, slipping, anti-adhesive, leveling, anti-fouling, anti-scratch and anti-settling, etc, in thermal & thermoset powder coating. It can accelerate the pigment re-dispersion, and prevent the settling& caking of pigment and fillings. It can significantly enhance the abrasion & scratch resistance, and surface smoothness.
2. It can improve the slipping performance, smoothness, anti-fouling, anti-settling, anti-adhesive and dispersity if used in ink, improve the adhesion, anti-adhesive, anti-scratch, anti-permeability of the ink, and it is suitable for high-speed chromatic printing.
Application in Rubber industry
It is excellent internal& external lubricant, dispersing agent, mold-release agent, brightener of natural& synthetic rubber. It can improve the processing properties of rubber materials, and improve dispersity of pigment& fillers. I t can accelerate the vulcanization, improve the glossiness extensibility and abrasion resistance and prevent the sun cracking.
Application in other industries
1. flux in solder paste
2. Puff softener, water& fog proof agent, fiber oil agent and mold- release agent in textile industry
3. Foam stabilizer in paper industry
4. Additive for hydraulic oil L-HM, gear oil, brake lubricant, freeze proof and cutting oil
5. Something that could be made into ultra fine water-based emulsion dispersing agent, widely used for increasing sensitivity in some low thermal materials
6. Additive for cosmetic and detergent
7. Metal wire drawing lubricants, ash-free antirust additives, and metal protective film, with excellent antirust property.
8. Puff anti-caking agent in compound fertilizer and other amine inorganic fertilizer
9. Coordinated additive for gel ink pen, ball point pen refill oil and color crayons
Total amide content: 98.5min.
Iodine Value gI2/100g 78-86
Acid ValuemgKOH / g 0.8 max.
Melting Point℃ 72-76
Chroma Gardner 2 max.
Moisture % 0.08max.
Packaging, storage and transportation:
Products with compound bag, 25kg/bag,
It must be separated with toxic or easy pollutant during the storage.
It is suggested to store in cool dry and ventilated place
Shelf life: 6 months.